It’s been a pretty hectic week with the whole Angelina revelation. Lots of inquiries about BRCA, my surgery, and my journey. I did a whole bunch of interviews (some radio, some tv), but I was completely shocked to receive a call from a Japanese TV show (they called it the Japanese version of “Good Morning America” but really, how would I know). Never say never.
I considered becoming a makeup artist Continue reading
Kale (or as Steve calls it, “nature’s broom”) seems to be everywhere these days. Most often I end up juicing it, but once in a while, I love a nice clean kale salad. It stands up to bold flavors like chili and garlic, and it also is delicious the next day. The leaves are Continue reading
Posted in Food
Tagged apples, chili oil, dairy-free, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, gluten-free, kale, navy beans, onion, pepper, recipes, rice wine vinegar, sea salt, sugar-free, sunflower seeds, vegan, vegetarian
1. H&M put a plus size model in it’s swimsuit ad campaign and said nothing.
2. It’s stories like this that restore my faith in humanity.
3. Check me out on BBC Radio discussing Angelina Jolie
4. I literally cannot even handle it right now
5. To be fair, my Bea Arthur has way more nipples than this one [NSFW]
6. Gwyneth once again proves that she’s just like us and then that she’s not.
7. I finally got on the mason jar bandwagon – and it’s everything I hoped it would be.
8. Southwestern hummus recipe from Culicurious
9. Rebecca Taylor dress at Rent Runway
As you can probably tell from the above photo (c. 1994, age 11), I was very good at math growing up. My dad is a professor of statistics and my mother has her masters in computer science so I suppose that it was more likely than not that I would be quantitatively inclined.
But what many people don’t know, Continue reading
Welcome to homemake your household! Green and natural household cleaners can get mightily expensive – but it’s super easy to make your own natural cleansers and household products at home with basic and readily available ingredients. I see their Windex and I raise them some lemon juice.
As a pet owner, I love me some Febreze, but with it’s what 80+ chemicals and rating of high hazard by the EWG, I looked for more natural alternatives. There are various natural alternatives Continue reading
I have a confession: I hate feet. Functionally? Sign me up. Form wise? I’d rather not look at them. They are ugly. They get dirty in the summer. They have the potential for foul odor. Yuck. Given my disdain, I maintain mine as best as I can which includes nail maintenance, regular washing, and foot scrubs.
There are 3 elements to any scrub: Continue reading